Instagram giveaway strategy to get leads and sales. A successful Instagram marketing strategy and Instagram giveaway in 2020, after COVID-19, requires more than just posting a contest on Instagram. To boost your followers and your sales from Instagram marketing we are recommending to combine 2 giveaways instead of just one.
Before the strategy, here’s what you need to know about an Instagram giveaway.
From the legal perspective, a giveaway is ruled by the contest & sweepstakes laws.
If you’re in Texas, Texas law says if you run a sweepstakes in Texas with prizes valued over $50,000 it is prohibited to automatically enter individuals into the promotion when they make a purchase.
Be sure to review other restrictions that can legally affect your business.
Instagram giveaway disclaimer and Instagram contest rules:
Here’s a rundown of the Instagram contest rules that you need to adhere to in your promotion:
1) Acknowledge that your Instagram contest or giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
2) Include the name of the company hosting the Instagram giveaway or contest.
3) Include the dates the campaign will run, including time zone.
4) Include participation restrictions (such as age and location).
5) Write clear guidelines on how to enter.
Be sure to be in compliance or your account can be suspended. Official Instagram rules https://help.instagram.com/179379842258600
Tips to generate leads from Instagram Giveaways in 2020:
1) Your prize must be worth for your audience. Do your research and find what motivates them.
2) Announce your giveaway and create teasers.
3) Go for the wow effect so your users get excited and share.
4) Do 2 giveaways: the first one with minimum rules to entry and the second one ask for their email to enter.
5) Once you get the emails, run an email marketing campaign to indoctrinate your new users and motivate them to keep sharing your giveaway.
Want to make sure that your strategy will work? Request a complimentary strategy session here: http://vcita.com/coachjessicacampos
Let’s get social
Use this template to write Instagram copy: